To maintain this precious jewel, here are 6 points to consider:
- Storing your pearls with other jewelleries is not a good idea because these stones may scratch one another. Instead, keep your pearl in a fabric lined jewellery case or box with dividers, or wrap each piece in tissue paper before keeping it.
- Remove your pearl jewellery before playing sport, gardening, performing household tasks, showering, or having a bath.
- Wipe your pearl jewellery after wearing it to remove dirt and maintain its cleanliness.
- Never clean pearls in an ultrasonic cleaner, detergents, bleaches, baking powder or ammonia-based products. Instead wash your pearl in a cool water using mild soap and let it dry by laying it on a moist towel.
- Do not dry or store your pearls near a heater, or in direct sunlight, as they will dry too out when the moist towel dries.
- If the string breaks, tie knot between each pearl to prevent loss. Have your pearls restrung at least once a year