Even though it lasts for so many years, you must consider taking good care of your diamonds because they can still be damaged or dulled. But you don’t need to worry much however, because diamonds are easy to take care of. Here are 6 points to remember in maintaining its beauty:
- Storing your diamonds with other jewelleries is not a good idea because these stones may scratch one another. Instead, keep your diamond in a fabric lined jewellery case or box with dividers, or wrap each piece in tissue paper before keeping it.
- When doing heavy work, remove your diamond jewellery.
- Keep your diamond jewellery away from hairspray, soap, cosmetics, or even perspiration; to keep its reflection shining.
- Also keep your diamond jewellery away from chlorine, bleach or other chemicals so that they won’t pit or discolour the mounting.
- Clean your diamond using perfumes, colognes and toiletries before putting it on.
- At least once a month, clean your diamond using either branded jewellery cleaner, a mix of ammonia and water, or warm sudsy water made with a mild liquid detergent. Soak the jewellery and then scrub gently with a soft brush. Rinse well, and then dry with a soft lint-free cloth.